The ladies in the Woodcroft Women's Club are proud to support
Families Moving Forward
a Durham program which assists families to ‘move forward’ out of their current homeless situation.
* * * * * * * * * *
Barrels of Joy
- NEW sheet sets & comforter - twin & full/double bed sizes, pillows.
- NEW Bath & hand towels.
- Disinfecting sprays and wipes (e.g. Pine-sol), vinyl gloves
- Cleaning supplies, e.g. SMALL bottles of Dawn dish soap, bleach, glass cleaner, floor cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, toilet brushes, scrub brushes, sponges, spongemops, etc.
- Personal care items - bath soap, toothpaste, adult and children's toothbrushes, hair brushes, shampoo etc.
- Paper towels, brooms, dustpans are always needed.
For many years the WWC has provided Families Moving Forward support in a variety of ways including:
- Performing administrative work
- Assisting with fundraising events, e.g. Chefs for Change galas.
- Refreshing rooms for new residents
- Participating in their Barrels of Joy program which collects needed items for families
- The Dine and Learn program where volunteers take a simple prepared meal to serve to the families prior to an enrichment program for the parents. After dinner, the volunteers watch the children for an hour while the parents attend their class.
- Study Buddy program during the school year, in which volunteers assist students with their homework one evening each week.
- Providing financial support
To contact group leader, click on the Contact tab above and look for Families Moving Forward under Group Chairs.
* * * * * * * * * *
Chefs for Change - This is a wonderful and enjoyable way to support Families Moving Forward by attending fundraising dinners throughout the year. The next event is May 16, 2022 when Chef Trenton Shank (Plum Durham) will be serrving up dinner. See the website for more information about upcoming events, tickets, and information. https://fmfnc.org/aboutcfc
Dine and Learn - consists of providing a meal followed by caring for the little ones while their parents participate in a one-hour enrichment class. This is beginning again with adjustments for Covid safety. This June, our team will put together a nice meal and enjoy time with the residents & staff. If you are interested in participating, contact the Families Moving Forward contact by email. See contact in the Contacts tab above.
Study Buddies - TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED FOR NOW! --You would volunteer one evening a week (Monday thru Thursday) from 4:30PM-5:30PM to assist 1-2 children with homework and/or subjects in which the child is having trouble.