The ladies in the Woodcroft Women's Club are proud to support Families Moving Forward, a Durham program which assists families to ‘move forward’ out of their current homeless situation.
CHEFS FOR CHANGE - This is a wonderful fundraiser dinner series directly benefiting Families Moving Forward. In the past members have greatly enjoyed attending meals in the series. The next dinner this year is in May. To learn more/get a ticket go to www.fmfnc.org/gala. A portion of the cost is tax deductible.
For many years the WWC has provided Families Moving Forward support in a variety of ways including:
- Performing administrative work
- Assisting with fundraising events
- Refreshing rooms for new residents
- Participating in their Barrels of Joy program which collects needed items for families
- The Dine and Learn program where volunteers take a simple prepared meal to serve to the families prior to an enrichment program for the parents. After dinner, the volunteers watch the children for an hour while the parents attend their class.
- Study Buddy program during the school year, in which volunteers assist students with their homework one evening each week.
- Providing financial support
To contact group leader, click on Contacts above and look for Families Moving Forward under Group Chairs.
* * * * * * * * * *
Dine and Learn – consists of providing a meal followed by caring for the little ones while their parents participate in a one-hour enrichment class.
We are on the Dine and Learn schedule for Wednesday May 8.