The ladies in the Woodcroft Women's Club are proud to support Families Moving Forward, a Durham program which assists families to ‘move forward’ out of their current homeless situation.
* * * * * * * * * *
For many years the WWC has provided Families Moving Forward support in a variety of ways including:
- Performing administrative work
- Assisting with fundraising events
- Refreshing rooms for new residents
- Participating in their Barrels of Joy program which collects needed items for families
- The Dine and Learn program where volunteers take a simple prepared meal to serve to the families prior to an enrichment program for the parents. After dinner, the volunteers watch the children for an hour while the parents attend their class.
- Study Buddy program during the school year, in which volunteers assist students with their homework one evening each week.
- Providing financial support
To contact group leader, click on the Contact tab above and look for Families Moving Forward under Group Chairs.
* * * * * * * * * *
Urgent updates and Needs at Fmf in response to Covid-19
"Our families and children, like yours, are facing new challenges in these unprecedented times. We are thankful for everything that you do for FMF and our guests. We’ve set up a page on our website at http://www.fmfnc.org/covid19needs with current needs if you’d like to help. We’re also sharing regular updates on our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/fmfnc . Be good to each other. Together, we can and will weather this storm.
Ryan J. Fehrman"
Barrels of Joy - We accept collections at our meetings to donate to families in need. Watch the newsletter for a list of the highest needs.
Chefs for Change - This is a wonderful and enjoyable way to support Families Moving Forward by attending fundraising dinners throughout the year. See the website for more information about upcoming events. https://fmfnc.org/aboutcfc
Dine and Learn – consists of providing a meal followed by caring for the little ones while their parents participate in a one-hour enrichment class.