The ladies in the Woodcroft Women's Club are proud to support Families Moving Forward, a Durham program which assists families to ‘move forward’ out of their current homeless situation.
November 2020 Barrels of Joy Drop-off
Nov 17 thru 24, 9am til 7pm
(See Barrels of Joy section below for details)
* * * * * * * * * *
For many years the WWC has provided Families Moving Forward support in a variety of ways including:
- Performing administrative work
- Assisting with fundraising events, e.g. Chefs for Change galas.
- Refreshing rooms for new residents
- Participating in their Barrels of Joy program which collects needed items for families
- The Dine and Learn program where volunteers take a simple prepared meal to serve to the families prior to an enrichment program for the parents. After dinner, the volunteers watch the children for an hour while the parents attend their class.
- Study Buddy program during the school year, in which volunteers assist students with their homework one evening each week.
- Providing financial support
To contact group leader, click on the Contact tab above and look for Families Moving Forward under Group Chairs.
* * * * * * * * * *
Updates and Needs at Fmf in response to Covid-19
"Our families and children, like yours, are facing new challenges in these unprecedented times. We are thankful for everything that you do for FMF and our guests. We’ve set up a page on our website at http://www.fmfnc.org/covid19needs with current needs if you’d like to help. We’re also sharing regular updates on our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/fmfnc . Be good to each other. Together, we can and will weather this storm.
Ryan J. Fehrman"
Barrels of Joy - Dates and times will be updated in the newsletter and on the calendar for the months we collect for Barrels of Joy. On the months we collect donations and while we are meeting virtually, drop-offs can now be safely made at Deane's home (see the membership list for address). Send email to the Families Moving Forward group chair (look under Contacts) for more information.
- NEW sheet sets & comforter - twin & full sizes, pillows.
- Paper towels, brooms, dustpans
- Shea moisturizer shampoo & conditioner, combs, brushes, hair bands
- Vinyl gloves
- Cleaning supplies, e.g. small bottles of Dawn dish soap, bleach, glass cleaner, floor cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, toilet brushes, scrub brushes, sponges, etc.
Chefs for Change - This is a wonderful and enjoyable way to support Families Moving Forward by attending fundraising dinners throughout the year. See the website for more information about upcoming events. https://fmfnc.org/aboutcfc
Dine and Learn – TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED FOR NOW! --consists of providing a meal followed by caring for the little ones while their parents participate in a one-hour enrichment class.