A monthly dog park/dog event meet-up for you and your furry companion. We will meet monthly at the Piney Wood Dog Park,400 East Woodcroft Parkway, plus gather for special canine events around Durham for socializing. For example: Canine Field Day, Pooch Plunge, Barktoberfest, Durham Parks and Recreation Yappy Hours and Durham Bulls Bark in the Park. Your suggestions for dog-friendly activities are always welcome.
To contact interest group leader, click on Contacts above and look for Canine Companions.
A quick couple guidelines:
• Dogs must be registered with Durham Parks and Recreation to use the Piney Wood Dog Park: https://durhamnc.gov/820/Canine-Recreation
• Participants must make sure their dogs wear a current rabies vaccination tag at all times, or have a rabies certificate with them always. It is encouraged that dogs be 4 months of age and current on all other vaccinations (distemper/parvo and Bordetella) and be free of both internal and external parasites.
• Dog owners must obey leash laws and rules posted by park/venue/city/county
• Please clean-up after your pet
• Please consider your dog’s temperament – so that both you and your furry friend enjoy events
• Participation in any activity with the Woodcroft Women’s Club Canine Companions is at your own risk. To the fullest extent allowed by law, you waive any claims against, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Woodcroft Women’s Club Canine Companions, it’s organizers, affiliates, employees, officers, directors and contractors, from all claims of liability of every type (including court cost and legal fees) for injury or death to any person or for damage to property arising out of or relating to your participation as a member. This agreement applies to you and any other party who may accompany you in these endeavors.
* * * * * * * * * *
Join Canine Companions at Beer Durham’s monthly Dog Days party! Bring your own pups for a fun dog party and/or just come for a beer or two. Bring your growler to take some draft beer home, too! Beer Durham donates a portion of all draft sale proceeds to the Animal Protection Society of Durham (APS).
The event is Sunday, February 24 from 1 – 4 pm. We will be there from 1:30 - 2:30 pm and our friends from APS will have reps there from 2 – 3:30 pm with 1-2 dogs. If you are interested in adopting, donating, or becoming a volunteer, please stop by and speak to About Beer Durham (Beer Durham 404 Hunt St, Ste 110, Durham, North Carolina 27701)