Join Canine Companions on Saturday, October 27 as we attend the free Annual Barktoberfest event at the Pavilion at Durham Central Park, 501 Foster Street. Durham Parks and Recreation and Beyond Fences (formerly Coalition to Unchain Dogs) are joining forces to provide a fun-filled afternoon with our canine friends! Your support will help us promote a dog friendly community and provide services to people and their pets in underserved areas. Canine Companions will be in attendance from 2:30-4:00 pm (the event runs from 2:30 to 7:00 pm).
This is a chance to meet new friends and neighbors and their adorable dogs. There will be contests and games, including Best Pet Costume, Best Pet Trick, Pet/Human Kissing contest, Pet/Human Look-alike contest and more. You can enjoy:
- A photo booth with professional pet photographer
- Local food and beverages, including gourmet cupcakes by Coco’s Creations
- Tables from local vendors and non-profits • Great raffle items from local artists and businesses.
For more information: https://www.dprplaymore.org/276/Barktob erfest or email the group leader (found under Contacts.)
A monthly dog park/dog event meet-up for you and your furry companion. We will meet monthly at the Piney Wood Dog Park,400 East Woodcroft Parkway, plus gather for special canine events around Durham for socializing. For example: Canine Field Day, Pooch Plunge, Barktoberfest, Durham Parks and Recreation Yappy Hours and Durham Bulls Bark in the Park. Your suggestions for dog-friendly activities are always welcome.
To contact interest group leader, click on Contacts above and look for Canine Companions.
A quick couple guidelines:
• Dogs must be registered with Durham Parks and Recreation to use the Piney Wood Dog Park: https://durhamnc.gov/820/Canine-Recreation
• Participants must make sure their dogs wear a current rabies vaccination tag at all times, or have a rabies certificate with them always. It is encouraged that dogs be 4 months of age and current on all other vaccinations (distemper/parvo and Bordetella) and be free of both internal and external parasites.
• Dog owners must obey leash laws and rules posted by park/venue/city/county
• Please clean-up after your pet
• Please consider your dog’s temperament – so that both you and your furry friend enjoy events
• Participation in any activity with the Woodcroft Women’s Club Canine Companions is at your own risk. To the fullest extent allowed by law, you waive any claims against, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Woodcroft Women’s Club Canine Companions, it’s organizers, affiliates, employees, officers, directors and contractors, from all claims of liability of every type (including court cost and legal fees) for injury or death to any person or for damage to property arising out of or relating to your participation as a member. This agreement applies to you and any other party who may accompany you in these endeavors.