“Pooch Plunge” at Hillside Pool, 1221 Sawyer Street, Durham is sure to be the pool party of the summer! It will be held Saturday, September 8, 2018 from 11 AM to 2 PM. You can enjoy a fun-filled day at the pool, along with your best friend on four legs. The outdoor pool provides a safe and enclosed environment for you and your dog to swim and play in the water. Dogs must be accompanied by at least one adult (age 18 or older) and there is a maximum of two dogs per adult. Fee listed is per dog. Take the plunge and join us for this unique canine event. To ensure a healthy environment for all participants, please be sure you dog meets vaccination requirements for DPR for dog parks before you register for this event. City Residents $6 and Non-City Residents $11.
Preregistration required: https://apm.activecommunities.com/dprplaymore/Activity_Search/pooch-plunge/5006
A monthly dog park/dog event meet-up for you and your furry companion. We will meet monthly at the Piney Wood Dog Park,400 East Woodcroft Parkway, plus gather for special canine events around Durham for socializing. For example: Canine Field Day, Pooch Plunge, Barktoberfest, Durham Parks and Recreation Yappy Hours and Durham Bulls Bark in the Park. Your suggestions for dog-friendly activities are always welcome.
To contact interest group leader, click on Contacts above and look for Canine Companions.
A quick couple guidelines:
• Dogs must be registered with Durham Parks and Recreation to use the Piney Wood Dog Park: https://durhamnc.gov/820/Canine-Recreation
• Participants must make sure their dogs wear a current rabies vaccination tag at all times, or have a rabies certificate with them always. It is encouraged that dogs be 4 months of age and current on all other vaccinations (distemper/parvo and Bordetella) and be free of both internal and external parasites.
• Dog owners must obey leash laws and rules posted by park/venue/city/county
• Please clean-up after your pet
• Please consider your dog’s temperament – so that both you and your furry friend enjoy events
• Participation in any activity with the Woodcroft Women’s Club Canine Companions is at your own risk. To the fullest extent allowed by law, you waive any claims against, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Woodcroft Women’s Club Canine Companions, it’s organizers, affiliates, employees, officers, directors and contractors, from all claims of liability of every type (including court cost and legal fees) for injury or death to any person or for damage to property arising out of or relating to your participation as a member. This agreement applies to you and any other party who may accompany you in these endeavors.